Local residents can participate in recycling various materials at no charge by delivering the materials to RLP’s on-site recycling containers. Recently, we extended our Wednesday hours to 7 p.m. so that residents can recycle during non-business hours when it’s convenient for their personal schedule.
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. (extended hours)
7 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Each local resident – with proof of residency – shall be permitted disposal of up to four loads of acceptable waste at no charge each fiscal year. One load, is defined as each time a resident delivers waste to the Land Preserve, in one of the acceptable transporting vehicles as follows: car, van, suv, pickup truck, or a trailer of less than two cubic yards capacity.
Acceptable recycle materials include:
- Batteries: Hearing aid, rechargeable, alkaline, auto, truck, and motorcycle batteries accepted. For batteries 1.5 Volts or higher, please tape both positive and negative battery leads.
- Cardboard: Cardboard or boxboard only. Customers should flatten all boxes. Waxed juice, milk, or frozen food containers are not accepted.
- Glass: Container provided for clear glass
- Colored Glass: Container provided for colored glass.
- Metal: All types of clean metal accepted.
- Paper: Newspapers, magazines, junk mail, office paper, shredded paper, and books.
- Plastic: All containers numbered 1 through 7 are accepted. Containers from automotive oils or other oily/greasy materials will not be accepted.
- Used Oil: Motor oil, transmission oil, hydraulic oil. Oil can NOT have gasoline, antifreeze, diesel fuel, or any other materials mixed in with the oil.
- Yard Waste: Grass clippings and leaves. Must be in paper bags or loose.
- Tree Debris: Brush or limbs that are 4 feet or less in length and 2 inches or less in diameter, qualify as residential recycling. Logs, and stumps are not accepted as residential recycling unless approved by landfill management, prior to the arrival of the material on site.
- Electronics: Computers and other related devices.