On March 23, 2020, Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order (EO 2020-21), directing all Michigan businesses and operations to temporarily suspend in-person operations that are not necessary to sustain or protect life. This Executive Order was extended to May 15, 2020.
During this challenging time, we continue to deliver essential waste disposal services to the public, while keeping the safety of our team members, residents from our surrounding communities, and customers, front and center, even during emergency and shelter-in-place orders.
RLP continues to enforce the following precautions:
- Only essential employees are currently operating at RLP.
- All RLP employees on-site have been given safety items for their protection, and are required to do the following: use protective gloves at all times, use hand sanitizers frequently, wear protective facial masks at all times, use soap and water to wash hands, and wear standard safety equipment such as high-visibility vests.
- RLP has enforced social distancing of 6 feet or more, by closing down the on-site administration building, temporarily reducing on-site office staffing and heavy machine operators, and enforcing non-essential workers, to work from remote locations.
- All equipment are wiped down and properly maintained, on a daily basis.
Hours of Operations:
- RLP will remain open Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., which are regular business hours.
- RLP will re-open on Saturdays, beginning May 9, 2020.
- Resident on-site recycling will remain open with extended hours, Wednesdays only, 7:00 a.m. through 7:00 p.m.
- RLP will continue to monitor the operations and continue to follow the guidelines set forth by the Governor’s office, including any future Executive Orders.
We know that many of you are facing disruptions as changes are made to contain the spread of COVID-19. RLP continues to take this outbreak seriously, and has enforced the necessary precautions for the health, safety, and well-being of all our employees, residents, customers, and communities, which we proudly serve.
Riverview Land Preserve Team