Wayne County will be presenting a Household Hazardous Waste Collection on April 2 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Westland Shopping Center.
Only household generated products from Wayne County residents will be accepted. Items that will not be accepted include: commercial waste, industrial waste, radioactive material, explosives, ammunition, 55 gallon drums, household trash, refrigerators, microwaves or other appliances, tires, yard waste, roofing shingles, & concrete. For information on how to dispose of these items, please contact the Wayne County Resource Recovery Coordinator at 734-326-3936.
Acceptable Items include:
- Household paints, stains and dyes
- Floor wax, floor care products, carpet cleaner
- Furniture polish, bathroom cleaners, stain removers, solvents
- Pharmaceutical waste (non-controlled substances only)
- Nail polish, glue
- Fertilizer, lawn and garden chemicals
- Antifreeze, motor oil, gasoline
- Automotive batteries and dry cell batteries, fluorescent bulbs (all types)
- Fire extinguishers, smoke detectors
- Mercury thermometers, thermostats, elemental mercury and electronics recycling
- Computer CPUs, monitors, printers, scanners, keyboards, mice
- Cell phones, fax machines, copiers, and televisions
Westland Shopping Center is located at 35000 W. Warren Road in Westland.