Wayne County will be presenting two additional Household Hazardous Waste Collection events on July 9 at Henry Ford College and October 15 Wayne County Community College in Taylor. Both events are from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. There is also a Household Hazardous Waste Collection event on April 2 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Westland Shopping Center.
Only household generated products from Wayne County residents will be accepted. Items that will not be accepted include: commercial waste, industrial waste, radioactive material, explosives, ammunition, 55 gallon drums, household trash, refrigerators, microwaves or other appliances, tires, yard waste, roofing shingles, & concrete. For information on how to dispose of these items, please contact the Wayne County Resource Recovery Coordinator at 734-326-3936.
Acceptable Items include:
- Household paints, stains and dyes
- Floor wax, floor care products, carpet cleaner
- Furniture polish, bathroom cleaners, stain removers, solvents
- Pharmaceutical waste (non-controlled substances only)
- Nail polish, glue
- Fertilizer, lawn and garden chemicals
- Antifreeze, motor oil, gasoline
- Automotive batteries and dry cell batteries, fluorescent bulbs (all types)
- Fire extinguishers, smoke detectors
- Mercury thermometers, thermostats, elemental mercury and electronics recycling
- Computer CPUs, monitors, printers, scanners, keyboards, mice
- Cell phones, fax machines, copiers, and televisions
Westland Shopping Center (April 2) is located at 35000 W. Warren Road in Westland.
Henry Ford College (July 9) is located at 5101 Evergreen Road, Dearborn.
Wayne County Community College (October 15) is located at 21000 Northline Road, Taylor.